Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi
Prep 5 m | Cook 12 m | Ready In 37 m
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.
Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Prep 30 m | Cook 6 m | Ready In 36 m
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Prep 10 m | Cook 45 m | Ready In 55 m
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C); prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened, stirring between each session, about 1 minute total.
- Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total.