Prep 5 m | Cook 10 m | Ready In 15 m
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg, milk and brown sugar. Mix in the oats. When the oatmeal begins to boil, cook and stir until thick. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted. Serve immediately.
Banana Nut Oatmeal
Prep 5 m | Cook 2 m | Ready In 7 m
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 banana, peeled
Combine the oats, milk, flax seeds, walnuts, honey, and banana in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on High for 2 minutes. Mash the banana with a fork and stir into the mixture. Serve hot.
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Granola
Prep 15 m | Cook 1 h | Ready In 1 h 45 m
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, rolled oats, almonds, and pecans in a large bowl. Mix the applesauce, honey, and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Stir the oat mixture into the applesauce mixture, until granola begins to gather in clusters. Spoon granola evenly onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cool to room temperature. Stir in raisins and cranberries; store in an airtight container.
Honey Peanut Granola
Prep 15 m | Cook 1 h | Ready In 1 h 15 m
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts, and wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, vegetable oil, water, salt, and vanilla. Stir well; then pour into the oat mixture, and stir. Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool before serving.